January 3 is the death day of Suleimani, the commander of Iran’s “Quds Brigade” assassinated by the United States.
According to a report by the United States Naval Research Institute (USNI) on the same day, the U.S. Department of Defense suddenly changed the arrangement of the aircraft carrier Nimitz (CVN-68) to continue to be deployed in the Middle East.
The report said bluntly that the decision was related to “the threat made by Iran to the United States in recent days”.
According to USNI, Acting Secretary of Defense Miller suddenly announced on the evening of January 3 that he would suspend the decision to redeploy the aircraft carrier Nimitz.
According to the Associated Press (January 1), the U.S. Department of Defense decided to repatriate the only aircraft carrier deployed in the Middle East, “Nimitz”, to reduce the U.S. military presence in the region.
It is said that the aircraft carrier Nimitz was originally scheduled to return by the end of 2020, but the return plan was postponed due to concerns about Iran’s “potential threat”.
According to the U.S. Military. military.com, before Suleimani’s death, Iran’s Supreme Leader Khamenei and a senior military vowed to retaliate against the United States.
According to Russia Today (RT) on December 31 last year, Iranian President Hassan Rouhani also reiterated his determination to retaliate against the United States at a cabinet meeting on Wednesday (30th).
He said that the Iranian people reserve the right to revenge on General Soleimani, “as long as you [the United States] still exist in this area, it means that we have not yet made final revenge.”
It is also worth mentioning that on December 31 last year, Trump rarely attended the New Year’s Eve party of Mar-a-Lago and returned to the White House early after his vacation.
It is generally believed that he returned early this time to make a “last move” for the election, but CNN reported on the same day that Trump had said that he was worried that “Iran would act in a few days to retaliate against the assassination of Iranian Major General Suleimani”, because Trump issued it at Mar-a-a-Lago on January 3 last year. Raid operation instructions.
CNN said that some people said that this may be one of the reasons why Trump ended his vacation early.
On January 3 last year, Major General Suleimani, the commander of Iran’s Al-Quds Brigade, was killed by a U.S. military airstrike outside Baghdad International Airport in Iraq.
At that time, Trump issued a direct raid order at Mar-a-Lago in Florida, according to CNN.
After Suleimani was assassinated, Iran targeted the United States. Iran’s Supreme Leader Khamenei issued a statement in January saying that Iran would carry out “hard revenge” for the incident.
On January 8 last year, Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps launched dozens of missiles at at least two Iraqi military bases with U.S. troops. Last June, Iran asked Interpol to arrest 36 people suspected of participating in the Suleimani assassination.
As the anniversary of Suleimani’s death approaches, tensions between Iran and the United States have become more tense. According to Iranian media reports, on December 16, Khamenei said again that Iran would pay the murderer at the anniversary of the memorial conference to commemorate the first anniversary of the martyrdom of Suleimani.
On December 21 last year, the U.S. Navy issued a rare public statement saying that the U.S. Navy’s Missile Nuclear Submarine Georgia was escorted by two warships through the Strait of Hormuz.
Some people think that this is the U.S. military’s “showing muscles” to Iran during a sensitive period.
On December 30 last year, two U.S. Air Force B-52 strategic bombers flew from North Dakota to the Middle East for a 30-hour round-trip long-range flight.
The U.S. Central Command said that since the beginning of last year, the U.S. military has not deployed long-range bombers in the Middle East. This flight was that the B-52 “intentionally appeared in the Middle East”.
In response to the recent military activities of the U.S. military in the surrounding areas of Iran, the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps of Iran, Hussein Salami, said on January 1 that Iran was ready to deal with any possibility.