Reuters and Sputnik News Agency reports, French police said that the area around the Arc de Triomphe and the Eiffel Tower in central Paris reopened after a brief evacuation of people due to a “bomb threat” on Tuesday.
Police and witnesses said that after receiving the bomb threat alert, the Arc de Triomphe area and surrounding subway stations were evacuated, but by 16:30 GMT, traffic returned to normal. The Paris Mars Park around the Eiffel Tower was also briefly evacuated.
According to reports, police found a bag full of ammunition in the area. Two local news websites in France showed pictures of a blue bag containing ammunition.
On the 16th of this month, Samuel Paty, a middle school history teacher in Paris, was killed and beheaded near the school. He had previously shown to the students in the class and in the classroom the “Charlie Hebdo” about the Prophet Muhammad. Caricature. France is therefore on high alert.
There have been several fake “bomb warnings” before, the most recent one was at the Lyon train station last week, and the other was at the Eiffel Tower a month ago.
Leave a Reply