January 14, local time, the Yemeni government held a press conference.
Interior Minister Ibrahim released the investigation report on the attack on the new cabinet of Yemen at Aden Airport on December 30 last year, and accused the Houthis of planning and carrying out the attack with the help of Iranian and Lebanese experts, and Call the attack a terrorist act.
Ibrahim said that after studying the scene video, missile fragments, explosion points, missile landing angle, etc., the investigation team concluded that the attack was planned and carried out by the Houthis armed forces with the help of Iranian and Lebanese experts.
A total of three surface-to-surface missiles with a range of 70-135 kilometers were launched. The shell was fired from the Houthi armed control area due north-north of Aden.
In addition, he also said that through the serial number study of the residual shrapnel, the missile residue number of the attack was similar to the serial number of the missile remnants of the Houthis that previously fired missiles into Malib province and Saudi Arabia in Yemen.
In addition, through the angle of the missile’s impact and propellant investigation, the missile was launched from 100 Kilometers away, GPS precision guidance systems have also been installed, and such advanced technologies are only mastered in Yemen by Houthis with the help of Iranian and Lebanese experts.
Ibrahim said at a press conference that the first missile hit the VIP hall of Aden Airport at 13:24:34 p.m. on December 30, and the second missile hit parking space 1 of the airport half a minute later. The plane carrying the new Yemeni cabinet was originally scheduled to stop at the 1st, but Due to the chaos of the large number of pick-up personnel at the scene, all cabinet members survived.
At the same time, investigation and research on the flame image and residual material on the scene after the second missile explosion showed that the second missile warhead contained a large amount of incendiary substances. Therefore, the purpose of the comprehensive analysis of the second missile is to use the explosion to cause a fire to burn the special plane. Half a minute later, the third missile hit the protective wall outside the VIP hall.
On December 30, local time, 23 of the 24 ministers of the new Yemeni government cabinet, led by Prime Minister Main, returned to Riyadh, the temporary capital of Yemen, from Saudi Arabia.
When the special plane arrived at Aden airport, the airport was attacked by three missiles, killing 28 people and injuring 107 others. Main and Other cabinet members and entourages escaped a disaster and were not killed or injured.
The Yemeni government accused the Houthis of planning and carrying out the attack immediately after the incident, but was denied by the Houthis.
As of press time, the Houthi have not issued any position on the latest findings and accusations released by the Yemeni government.