According to the Russian Satellite News Agency on January 11, according to Yonhap News Agency, South Korea’s Ministry of Defense spokesman Moon Hongzhi said on the 11th that there is no finalization at present on the construction plan of nuclear submarines.
According to the report, Moon Hongzhi said at a regular press conference on the 11th that the construction plan of the South Korean nuclear submarines must take into account a variety of factors such as technical level and the defense budget, and there is no finalization at present.
South Korea’s Ministry of Defense first announced its plan to build a new 4,000-ton submarine in the “Mid National Defense Plan 2021-2025” last August.
Some points point out that the South Korean military may be equipped with nuclear-powered engines on 4,000-ton submarines.
Yonhap said that in October last year, a media quoted diplomatic sources in Washington and D.C.
as saying that Kim Hyun-jong, the mayor of South Korea’s security office, visited the United States for nuclear submarine fuel for the second time.
At that time, Qingwatai said that it was not appropriate to verify the relevant information.