Doha, November 25 Qatar’s Ministry of the Interior issued a statement on the evening of the 25th that the patrol of the Qatar General Directorate of Coastal and Border Security intercepted two Bahraini vessels entering Qatari waters on the same day.
The statement said that two Bahraini vessels entered Qatari waters without advance notice at noon on the 25th.
After the Qatar General Coastal and Border Security patrol found this situation, it intercepted the ship and contacted the Bahraini side to understand the reason why the ship entered Qatari waters. In the absence of a reply, the Qatari side questioned the captain.
According to the captain’s explanation, the ship suffered mechanical failure while performing a training mission in Bahraini waters, lost contact with the command and lost its direction.
The statement said that after consultation between Qatar and the Bahraini side, the two ships were allowed to leave Qatari waters.
According to the Bahrain News Agency, the Bahrain Ministry of the Interior issued a statement on the 25th that two Bahraini Coast Guard vessels participating in maritime exercises were intercepted by Qatari patrol boats on the same day, and the boats were subsequently released.
The statement said that the actions of the Qatari side violate the relevant regional and international agreements.
Bahrain, for its part, will report this incident to the secretariat of the Gulf Cooperation Council and hopes that such incidents will not occur again in the future.
In June 2017, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates and Egypt announced that they would sever diplomatic relations with Qatar and impose sanctions and blockades on the grounds that Qatar “support terrorism” and “destruct regional security”. This break-off has not subsided so far.