Pentagon claims senior U.S. military who were involved in the assassination of Soleimani are unsafe in their homeland
According to Sputnik News Agency, the US Department of Defense issued a warning last month to several senior officials involved in the January 3 assassination of the commander of Iran’s Quds Forces, Soleimani, saying that they were facing threats in the United States.
According to reports, this threat still exists, but officials did not point out whether this threat is clearly related to the drone attack outside Baghdad International Airport on January 3. That attack killed the Iranian commander and several senior Iraqi military leaders.
According to NBC reports, before U.S. officials got the news at a press conference, there was an incident on September 22, when an Iranian confronted a government black car carrying senior Pentagon officials. The SUV vehicle was tracked. According to reports, the Pentagon and the FBI disagree on whether this matter is directed at the individual.
According to reports, a few days after Soleimani’s death, Iran fired dozens of ballistic missiles with conventional warheads at two US military bases in Iraq. In that attack, no American soldiers were killed.
However, due to the Iranian military’s high alert during the operation, a Ukrainian passenger plane that was mistaken for an American plane was shot down by an Iranian anti-aircraft missile, killing all 176 people on board.
However, on September 13th, US media reported that some US intelligence reports claimed that Iran would plot to assassinate the US ambassador to South Africa, Lana Marks, in return for the death of Lemani, and claimed that this threat has come from this spring. Exist.
U.S. President Trump responded to the report on Twitter the next day. He wrote, “Any attack by Iran against the United States in any form will be subject to a counterattack by (the United States) against Iran, and its scale will be greater. 1000 times!”
In response, Major General Hussein Salami, the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC), said on September 19: “Mr. Trump, our revenge for the sacrifice of the great general (Soleimani) is obvious.
Serious and true.” Salami added that he will target those directly or indirectly involved in the assassination of Soleimani. She clarified that the “woman ambassador to South Africa” is not worth letting the “brother who will die” bleed.
Yadollah Javani, the deputy commander for political affairs of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, said that given Soleimani’s intrinsic value, it is impossible to find someone with the same value (among US military officials).
He said, “We could not find any similar targets for retaliation. The only real retaliation is to expel the United States from the Middle East.”
Trump often mentioned Soleimani in his political meetings, and touted the death of the Iranian commander and the death of Baghdadi, the supreme leader of the radical Islamic terrorist organization “Islamic State”, as his presidency. Achievements achieved.
Ironically, Soleimani gained international recognition after leading Iran and Iraq to fight the “Islamic State” and successfully drove the “Islamic State” out of Iraq at the end of 2017.
Trump has accused Soleimani of planning attacks on American soldiers and plans to launch more attacks. Trump also claimed that if Soleimani was not killed, he would try to blow up four US embassies. This statement was subsequently publicly denied by US Secretary of Defense Mark Esper