A designated hospital for COVID-19 caught fire in Gujarat, India. Five patients were killed.
According to India’s Asia International News Agency, in the early morning of November 27, local time, a fire broke out in the intensive care unit of a designated hospital for COVID-19 in Rajkod, Gujarat, killing at least five patients and 30 patients rescued.
According to firefighters, the fire occurred at 1 a.m. on the 27th in the intensive care unit of Uday Shivanand Hospital in Rajkod, where 33 patients were admitted. At present, the fire has been put out.
During the epidemic this year, similar accidents have occurred in many designated hospitals for COVID-19 in Gujarat, in Ahmedabad, Jamnagar and Surat.
A fire broke out in a designated hospital for COVID-19 in India, killing 5 patient.
hospital for COVID-19 in Rajkod, Gujarat, India, killing five patients.
All the victims are between 60 and 70 years old, and the government has ordered an investigation.
The hospital reportedly has three floors, and the ICU is located on the first floor, with a total of 33 people admitted.
According to the report, the fire is believed to be caused by a short circuit.
Indian Prime Minister Modi expressed deep grief about the incident on his personal social media and said that the government was providing as much help as possible to the families of the victims.