January 22nd – Doug Ford, Governor of Ontario, Canada, released a video on the Internet on the morning of the 21st local time, requiring people to stay at home in more than 20 languages.
According to CTV News Canada, Ford tweeted a video that reminded people to “stay at home and be safe” in French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Italian, Punjabi and other languages.
“No matter what language you say, we need to stay at home,” Ford said.
As of 11:15 a.m. local time on January 21, the video has received more than 79,000 views. In the video, Ford said in Mandarin: “Stay at home.”
Ford had previously ordered the province to start home quarantine on January 14, followed by a second declaration of a state of emergency in the province on January 12.
The “stay-at-home order” will last for at least 28 days.
David Williams, chief medical officer of Ontario Department of Health, said this week that the lockdown order can only be lifted if the daily number of new cases is limited to about 1,000 or less.
The province reported more than 2,600 new cases on January 21.