White House Press Secretary Pusaki said at a regular press conference on the 12th local time that the United States had nothing to do with the recent accident at Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility.
Pushaki said that the United States had seen reports of the accident at Iran’s Natanz nuclear facility. The United States did not participate in it in any form, nor did it speculate about the cause or impact of the accident. The United States is currently focusing on a new round of talks to be held in Vienna on the 14th on the resumption of the implementation of the comprehensive agreement between the United States and Iran and Iran nuclear issue.
U.S. Defense Secretary Austin, who is visiting Israel, said earlier in the day that he fully supported the U.S. diplomatic contacts with Iran on the Iran nuclear agreement, which will continue. But he did not comment further on the Natanz nuclear facility accident.
On the 11th of this month, Kamelwandi, spokesman of the Atomic Energy Organization of Iran, said that the power system of the Natánz nuclear facility failed that day, but did not cause human injury or radiation pollution. On the 12th, Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif blamed Israel for the incident and said that he would reprisals against Israel.
In July 2015, Iran reached an Iran nuclear agreement with the United States, the United Kingdom, France, Russia, China and Germany. Under the agreement, Iran promised to limit its nuclear program in exchange for the lifting of sanctions imposed by the international community against Iran.
In May 2018, the U.S. government unilaterally withdrew from the Iran nuclear agreement, and then restarted and added a series of sanctions against Iraq. Since May 2019, Iran has gradually suspended the implementation of some provisions of the Iran nuclear agreement, but promised to take measures “reversible”. On April 6 this year, representatives of the relevant parties to the Iran nuclear agreement began talks in Vienna on the resumption of compliance by the United States and Iran.