Washington, December 16 the U.S. State Department said on the 16th that Secretary of State Pompeo has been confirmed to have been exposed to people who have tested positive for the novel coronavirus and will begin to quarantine.
The U.S. State Department Information Office said in a statement that Pompeo has been tested for the novel coronavirus and the results are negative. Following guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Pompeo will be quarantined and the medical team is closely monitoring his health.
It is reported that the U.S. State Department held a festival reception on the 15th. Pompeo was scheduled to speak at the reception, but it was later cancelled. Previously, some State Council officials and professionals had questioned and criticized the State Council’s reception during the epidemic.
According to statistics released by Johns Hopkins University in the United States, as of noon Eastern Time on the 16th, the cumulative number of confirmed cases of the novel coronavirus in the United States exceeded 16.75 million, and the cumulative number of deaths exceeded 304,000.