Site icon YCNews

The U.S. Department of Defense delays the handover process? Response: More than 400 people have held talks.

The U.S. Department of Defense delays the handover process? Response: More than 400 people have held talks.

Photo: On December 14th local time, President-elect Biden made a televised speech after the U.S. Electoral College confirmed that Biden defeated Trump in the 2020 election.

December 29 According to the “Central News Agency”, President-elect Biden of the United States said on December 28 that the Ministry of Defense was delaying the handover.

That night, Acting Defense Secretary Miller denied issuing a statement. More than 400 officials have received 164 talks and provided more than 5,000 pages of documents, Miller said, and the transition meetings will be arranged on an ongoing basis.

On the 28th local time, after listening to the national security briefing of the handover team, Biden and Vice President-elect Harris pointed out that officials entering the Department of Defense and the White House Office of Management and Budget through political appointments “established obstacles” and that “we can’t get all the countries we need from the outgoing government. Important information.

“We’ve been blocked by the political leadership of the Department of Defense, and the truth is that many of the institutions that are vital to our security have been severely damaged,” Biden said.

In response to Biden’s accusations, Christopher Miller issued a statement that the Department of Defense had arranged more than 400 officials to hold 164 talks and provided more than 5,000 pages of closed and confidential documents, far exceeding the initial requirements of the Biden transition team.

Miller pointed out that the Defense Department will arrange three talks this week, two related to the coronavirus epidemic and the other on cybersecurity issues.

He said that other meetings would continue to be arranged over the next three weeks and respond to all requests for information within his mandate.

At present, the U.S. Office of Management and Budget has not responded immediately to requests for comment.

The report noted that this was not the first time that the Biden team and the Pentagon had clashed. Earlier in December, the two sides expressed different voices about whether the Pentagon suspended its transition work.

Miller has said that both the Pentagon and the Biden transition team agreed to make a two-week “vacation pause”; but the Biden transition team said that it did not agree to a two-week suspension with Pentagon officials during the “critical transfer of power” stage.

Exit mobile version