May 15 2021 The suspect in a shooting in southern France that killed two people fled for four days and was finally captured by police on the evening of the 14th local time. The case has attracted the attention of all sectors of the French community, especially the local population.
11 shooting in the southern French province of Gal, killing two people. On the morning of the 11th, the 29-year-old suspect shot dead the owner and an employee of the Leprante sawmill in the province of Gal province before fleeing the scene. The report said the killer had been registered with a local shooting club.
Police determined that the perpetrators had fled into a nearby forest and deployed hundreds of police officers and eight helicopters to the search. At about 7:25 p.m. on the 14th, the suspect was captured near a local church. France’s BFM television reported that the suspect did not make any resistance and did not open fire.
French Interior Minister Jean-Marc Dalmanen congratulated the police on their capture of the suspects, saying they had carried out an excellent operation in a very harsh natural environment. A security alert issued by the French Interior Ministry to local residents ended immediately. Leprante Mayor Munier said local residents were finally “getting their head down.”