On the evening of December 18, local time, Italian Prime Minister Conte held a press conference and announced the country’s control measures during the upcoming holidays and New Year.
The decree issued by the Italian government on the same day stipulates that from December 24 to January 6, 2021, strict control measures previously classified as red risk levels will be implemented nationwide from December 24 to 31, 2020 and from January 1, 2021, including the implementation of “foot ban”.
the reasons for travel must be one of the reasons of work, health and necessity, but outdoor exercise near the residence and visits by relatives and friends within 5 to 22:00 are allowed.
General shops except supermarkets, food stores, pharmacies, barbershops, etc. remain closed, and restaurants and bars are only allowed for delivery and packaging services.
From December 28 to 30 and January 4, 2021, the control measures of orange risk level areas will be implemented nationwide, allowing people to move in the municipalities they live in.
The scope of activities of municipalities with less than 5,000 residents can be extended to within 30 kilometers of the surrounding area, but they are not allowed to go to provincial capitals and towns; all shops can Open until 21:00, but restaurants and bars only allow delivery and packing services.
In addition, from December 21 to January 6, Italy will prohibit cross-regional traffic except for necessary reasons, and access to second residences in other regions will also be prohibited.
Conte said that the restrictions were imposed to better protect people’s health and for the sake of returning to work after the holiday in January.
He said that the sense of responsibility of the people has borne fruit in the government’s anti-epidemic restrictions and avoided another complete blockade in Italy.
In addition, the decree will provide another immediate relief subsidy of 645 million euros to the severely hit catering industry.