December 11 According to Reuters, on the 9th local time, at a U.S. space policy conference, U.S. Vice President Pence announced the list of 18 astronauts, including 9 men and 9 women, who may participate in NASA’s return to the moon.
At the White House National Space Commission meeting at NASA’s Kennedy Space Center in Florida, Pence reportedly announced the list of 18 astronauts who may participate in the “Artemis” project. He said that the “Altimes” program was the first time that the United States had returned to the moon since the 1970s.
According to the report, so far, all astronauts who have landed on the moon are men. The moon landing plan of the United States is 2024, but it is generally believed that it is likely to be delayed due to the impact of research and development progress, capital investment and other factors.
Pence said that the selected astronauts would “take us back to the moon and beyond.” The Artemis project is regarded as the “shopping board” for the ambitious goal of sending human beings to Mars.