Madrid, February 2 The Spanish government announced on the 2nd that Spain will temporarily restrict the entry of passengers from Brazil and South Africa to prevent the spread of the mutant novel coronavirus.
Spanish government spokesman Montero said after the cabinet meeting on the same day that the restriction order will take effect from 9:00 local time on the 3rd and last at least until the 17th.
During this period, passengers from Brazil and South Africa will be banned from entering Spain except Spanish citizens, Andorran citizens or holders of long-term residence documents of these two countries, as well as passengers who transit to non-Schengen-area countries.
Transit passengers must stay in the airport transit area and stay in Spain for more than 24 hours.
Montero said that the Spanish government has adopted this restriction in accordance with the recommendations of the European Union and the World Health Organization to protect the health of citizens and control the development of the epidemic.
It is reported that many autonomous regions of Spain have recently introduced stricter restrictive measures to deal with the third wave of COVID-19.
Chivitt, chairman of Navarre Autonomous Region, announced on the 2nd that the celebration of the “St. Fermin” Bull Running Festival in Pamplona will be suspended this year, which is the cancellation of this traditional festival after last year.
According to the data released by the Spanish Ministry of Health on the 2nd, as of 14:00 on the same day, there were 29,000 new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the past 24 hours, with a total of 2.852 million confirmed cases and 59,805 deaths.