December 29th local time, South Korean police said that the five-month investigation into the sexual harassment case of the late former mayor of Seoul, Park Won-soon, had been completed, but no charges were made.
According to a Yonhap report on the 29th, the Seoul Local Police Department said that the police had begun to investigate the case in July this year.
During the five-month investigation, the police checked the relevant documents and summoned 26 witnesses and 5 defendants, including those who worked in the Seoul Municipal Government.
However, due to Park Won-soon’s death, the police will refer the case to the prosecution in accordance with the relevant laws without making relevant charges.
According to the report, the Seoul Local Police Department said that due to the lack of evidence, they also planned to refer a related case to the prosecution, which was related to seven people, including senior officials of the Seoul Municipal Government, who were suspected of inciting sexual harassment.
In addition, the police also recommended that South Korean prosecutors prosecute four people, including two soldiers, who left malicious comments on the Internet about victims of sexual harassment, causing secondary injuries to the victims.
According to previous reports, in July this year, former mayor Park Won-soon of Seoul was involved in a sexual harassment report case of a former secretary, who submitted a report to the police on July 8.
After midnight on July 9, Park Won-soon was found dead by suicide.
Since then, the Seoul Local Police Department has set up a special working group to investigate Park Won-soon’s case to carry out relevant investigations.