An American man likes to wear wireless headphones to listen to music to sleep. Unexpectedly, he swallowed an earphone after falling asleep.
Later, after surgery, he took out the earphones stuck in the esophagus. Fortunately, it was okay.
Brad Gautier, 38, lives in Worcester, Massachusetts, and has recently told his strange experience on social media Facebook. The Associated Press quoted Gautier on the 6th as saying that he fell asleep listening to music with plastic wireless headphones on the evening of the 1st of this month.
The next day, he suddenly felt dyspnea and his chest was abnormal, but he endured discomfort.
He cleaned up the snow in the driveway for about an hour, and then went into the house to drink a glass of water. Unexpectedly, he could not swallow water normally, so he had to lean forward and spit out the water.
Gautier found that he had lost an earphone during the day and launched the whole family to look for it. His 15-year-old son speculated that he might have swallowed the earphone. On the safe side, Gautier went to a nearby hospital.
Doctors initially speculated that his discomfort was caused by the food he had eaten the night before, but the X-ray showed that he was stuck with an earphone in the lower esophagus. The doctor took out the earphone through endoscopy surgery, and Gautier could eat that day.
Gautier believes that he was mistakenly swallowed after his headphones slipped into his mouth while sleeping.
Fortunately, however, the headphones did not block the trachea, otherwise the “unimaginable consequences”.
He told the local TV station that he hoped everyone would take him as a lesson and never put on headphones to sleep.