The Russian Ministry of Defense issued a statement on the 12th local time saying that the first exchange of fire since the signing of the ceasefire agreement was observed in the Nagorno Karabakh.
The statement said that on the 11th, Russian peacekeepers discovered a violation of the ceasefire agreement in the Nakahadrut area.
Russian peacekeepers will continue to monitor the situation around the clock through 23 observation posts deployed in the Nagorno Karabakh.
Earlier on the 12th, the Armenian Ministry of Defense announced that the Azerbaijani army launched an offensive in the southern area of Nagorno Karabakh, causing three Afghan soldiers to be injured.
Then the Azerbaijani Defense Ministry denied it and accused the Asian side of provoking and wounding an Azerbaijani soldier. It is understood that there are currently two villages in the Hadrut area under Armenian control, but the roads in and out of the villages are controlled by Azerbaijan. Armenia accused the Azerbaijani army of trying to attack these two villages.
Azerbaijani President Aliyev said on the 12th that Russian peacekeepers are performing peacekeeping missions in Nagorno Karabakh and the situation there is stable, but he is concerned about the current incident.
On September 27 this year, a new round of conflict broke out in Armenia and Azerbaijan over the Nagorno Karabakh issue.
After continuous mediation, Russian President Vladimir Putin, Azerbaijani President Aliyev, and Armenian Prime Minister Pashinyan signed a joint statement announcing a complete ceasefire in the Nagorno Karabakh region from November 10.
The statement stipulates that the Azerbaijani and Armenian forces will stay in their respective positions, and Russian peacekeepers will be stationed in Nagorno Karabakh to oversee the ceasefire.