December 25, Germany’s Transfer Market took stock of the 20 most expensive transfer transactions in football history.
At the top of the list is Mal’s transfer from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain in 2017, for which the Ligue 1 giants paid 222 million euros in liquidated damages, which is also the only transaction with a transfer fee of more than 200 million euros.
In second place is Neymar’s teammate Mbappé, who joined Greater Paris from Monaco for a transfer fee of 145 million euros.
The most expensive transfer in football TOP10
- Neymar 222 million euros (Barca → Paris)
- Mbappe 145 million euros (Monaco → Paris)
- Coutinho €1.45 (Liverpool → Barcelona)
- Dembele 130 million euros (Dortmund → Barcelona)
- Felix 127.2 million euros (Benfica → Atletico Madrid)
- Gretzmann 120 million euros (Atletico Madrid → Barcelona)
- Cristiano Ronaldo 117 million euros (Real Madrid → Juventus)
- Hazard 115 million euros (Chelsea → Real Madrid)
- Pogba 105 million euros (Juve → Manchester United)
- Bell 101 million euros (Tttenham Hotspur → Real Madrid)