December 18 – After hundreds of students were kidnapped by the extremist organization Boko Haram in Kazina State, Nigeria, the governor of Kazina State said in a television interview that 344 boys have been released and handed over to the state government.
According to the THE Hill and the Wall Street Journal on the 17th, at about 8 o’clock that night, Kazina Governor Aminu Bello Massari announced in a television interview that 344 boys had been handed over from the forest near Zamfala State, and they would receive immediate treatment.
It is reported that the released students will also meet with the President of Nigeria on the 18th local time.
According to AFP on the 15th, the Nigerian extremist organization Boko Haram currently issued a statement saying that it attacked a secondary school in Kazina State in the northwestern part of the country on the 11th and kidnapped hundreds of students.
U.S. media said that the kidnapping took place in a remote agricultural area and the traffic situation was poor. Many details about the kidnapping case remain vague, including the total number of victims.