The emergency service department of Schwerm Town in western Germany was “duped” by a careless policeman on the 25th. The alarm person mistakenly regarded the fireplace picture broadcast on the neighbor’s TV for a fire and then called the police.
On the 25th, the German News Agency quoted a statement from the local fire brigade as saying that the Schwerm town fire brigade received an alarm call from a woman that morning, saying that she saw the neighbor’s house burning from her neighbor’s window and was burning, seeking emergency rescue. More than 40 firefighters, police and medical personnel immediately rushed to the “sceed” site. After the rescuers rushed to the scene, they found that they had been “duped”.
The Schwerm Township Fire Department said in a statement that the TV of the “fire” house played pictures of the fireplace, which made the female neighbor mistakenly think it was on fire. When rescue workers arrived at the scene, the residents had “off the TV”.