Less than two weeks after promising to join the so-called “clean network plan” of former President Trump’s administration, the Kingdom of Swaziland, the first African country to agree to join the plan, announced its withdrawal.
The Kingdom of Swaziland is Taiwan’s last diplomatic confederation on the African continent.
According to comprehensive foreign media reports, the Kingdom of Swaziland, an African country, announced that due to legality in the ratification process, it had decided to withdraw from the joint statement issued with the United States on joining the Clean Network Program.
At the initiative of then-U.S. Secretary of State Pompeo, Mancoba Kumalo, Acting Secretary of State for Information, Communications and Technology of the Kingdom of Swaziland, reached an agreement with U.S. Undersecretary of State Krachi on January 15 and issued a joint statement announcing that the Kingdom of Swaziland had joined the United States’ Clean Network Program.
Swaziland thus became the first African country to join the Clean Network Program. In a statement at the time, Kumalo expressed the “enthusiastic enthusiasm” of the Kingdom of Swaziland for the plan, saying that “the clean network provides a credible basis for the state and companies to ensure the security of its most sensitive information”.
According to the report, Kumaro worked for Coca-Cola abroad for a long time before entering politics in Swaziland.
He was appointed Secretary of Commerce and Commerce in Swaziland in 2018.
South African technology media TechCentral reported on the 26th that Princess Dramini Sikhanyiso, Minister of Information, Communications and Technology of the Kingdom of Swaziland and the eldest daughter of King Mswati III, learned that Kumaro and the United States After reaching the relevant agreement, he intervened in the matter.
She made it clear that various “checks” still need to be completed before deciding whether to re-sign the Clean Network Program commitment. But the report pointed out that with Trump leaving the White House, the final decision of the Kingdom of Swaziland is now almost certain.
The report mentioned that the “clean network plan” was launched by the administration of former U.S. President Trump, mainly to prevent countries from using equipment produced by Chinese manufacturers such as Huawei and ZTE in 5G network construction and other aspects.
At the regular press conference of China’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs on January 6, a reporter mentioned that the U.S. State Department tweeted on the 5th that the so-called “clean network” currently includes 180 telecommunications companies and dozens of high-tech companies.
Hua Chunyu said, “I think many people are very curious about what kind of “confestion” and courage the U.S. Secretary of State and the U.S. State Department need to carry out “lie diplomacy” to the end?”
Hua Chunyu said that although the United States continues to attack Huawei, so far no country or foreign company has produced evidence that Huawei’s products pose a threat to them.
Hua Chunyu also pointed out that an article had published on an American website that the “American “go to China”-style “cleaning network” is dirty and hypocritical”.
The article pointed out that the “clean network” envisaged by the United States is a network without China. The statement is absurd and hypocritical, and only tells the truth that “only the United States can monitor the world”.