October 25. According to Euronet, the Italian Ministry of Emergency Civil Defence reported 19,644 new confirmed cases and 151 deaths on the 24th, citing Eurolink News Agency.
This is the second day in a row that Italy has nearly 20,000 newly diagnosed cases. So far, the total number of confirmed cases nationwide has exceeded 500,000.
Prime Minister Conte said that the non-cooperation of individual people in the epidemic prevention work has become a “time bomb” leading to the spread of the epidemic, and the current economy must give way to the health and safety of the people.
October 22 local time, in Milan, Italy, the night market next to the canal, bars and restaurants were closed.
The epidemic report data shows that in the past 24 hours, there have been more than 1,000 newly confirmed cases in 7 regions. In the face of the continuing deterioration of the epidemic situation and the wave of large numbers of people taking to the streets to fight blockades, curfews, and masks.
The government is under pressure to tighten epidemic prevention measures. Conte said at a government work meeting on the 24th that the situation is expected to become very complicated in the next few weeks and the government must continue to take strong measures to effectively curb the spread of the epidemic.
Conte emphasized that in the face of the current severe epidemic situation, the implementation of curfews and regional blockades by some regional governments is really helpless.
Although some anti-epidemic measures were much looser than those at the beginning of the outbreak, they still aroused strong dissatisfaction and opposition from some people. He expressed that he understands the people’s feelings.
Strict anti-epidemic measures will cut off some people’s sources of income and make life more difficult for people with poor families. This is a problem that the government needs to solve.
Conte pointed out. The government has the responsibility to ensure the people’s necessary sources of livelihood and accelerate the pace of economic recovery while doing a good job in epidemic prevention.
However, economic activities must give way to the health and safety of people.
At 8:30 pm on the 24th local time, Conte once again held a press conference to analyze the epidemic situation and explained to the public the relevant key points of the epidemic prevention policy and the new epidemic prevention law, and the need to tighten epidemic prevention measures.
He called on the public to abide by the epidemic prevention rules and jointly safeguard public health and safety. It is expected that the government will issue the latest epidemic prevention ordinance on the 25th.
According to government sources, the new anti-epidemic law stipulates that a curfew will be imposed across the country from 18:00 on October 26, and people are advised to avoid unnecessary travel and consciously implement self-isolation.
During the curfew, the business hours of the catering service industry are from 5 am to 18 am, and business is prohibited on Sundays and public holidays. All public places such as entertainment, culture and sports are temporarily closed to the public, and people are prohibited from going out under special circumstances such as work and health.