Tehran, January 1 In response to the recent military activities of the U.S. military in the surrounding areas of Iran, Hussein Salami, the commander of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps of Iran, said on the 1st that Iran was ready to deal with any possibility.
According to an Iranian news television report, Salami said on the anniversary of the death of Suleimani, the commander of the “Quds Brigade” of the Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps, held on the same day that the United States has recently increased its military activities in the surrounding areas of Iran, and Iran has done a good job in safeguarding national independence and safeguarding national interests and achievements. Prepare.
The report quoted Iranian Foreign Minister Zarif as saying on the same day that the United States should bear the consequences for any risk it may take in the Middle East.
Zarif said the previous day that Iran does not want war, but will protect the Iranian people and safeguard national security and vital interests.
The U.S. military said on December 30, 2020 that two long-range strategic bombers flew to the Middle East that day.
According to U.S. media reports, this is the second time that the U.S. military has taken such an action in a month to “stop Iran from attacking the targets of the United States and allies in the Middle East”. Previously, one nuclear submarine and two warships of the United States Navy crossed the Strait of Hormuz.
On January 3, 2020, the United States launched an attack in Baghdad, the capital of Iraq, killing Suleimani, the commander of the “Quds Brigade” of Iran’s Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps.