November 2 UK media reports, French police said a few days ago that a priest in Lyon was shot and seriously injured and a suspect was subsequently arrested.
According to the latest news, the police have released the suspect and said the gunman may still be at large.
On October 31, local time, French police said that a 52-year-old Orthodox priest was shot while closing the church.
He was seriously injured and was receiving treatment in the hospital.
That night, the Lyon prosecutor said in a statement that a suspect matching the description of the initial
witness had been detained by the police. The suspect did not carry weapons when he was arrested.
On November 1, the prosecutor said that investigators found no evidence related to the attack. The man has been released.
According to British Sky News, the motive of the shooting is still unclear.
The counter-terrorism prosecutor did not investigate this, and the Lyon prosecutor’s office regarded it as an attempted murder case.
French National Police said that on November 1, the police removed the cordon around the church where
the incident occurred and expanded the search to more areas in Lyon.
Recently, there have been many attacks in France.
the attack in Nice on October 29 was particularly serious, causing many casualties.
The government announced that the anti-terrorism alert level in the whole law has been raised to the highest level.