February 15 Conakry news: Adama Kaba, director of the Nzerekore Provincial Hospital in Guinea, issued a statement on the 15th that the number of confirmed cases of Ebola in Guinea has increased to 15, of which 5 deaths have died.
According to several health agencies, more than 150 people have been found to have close contact with confirmed cases, including 115 in Nzerekore Province and 10 in the capital Conakry, and 95% of the close contacts have been included in medical observation, the statement said.
Several health departments said that all the close contacts of the confirmed cases have been quarantined at home and restricted from travel. \Guinea’s National Health Security Agency said that close contacts will be under medical observation for 21 days.
The government department of Nzérékore Province will close the local weekly market from now on, prohibiting large-scale gatherings such as funerals.
Nzerekore Province is located in southeastern Guinea.
On the 14th, the Ministry of Health of Guinea confirmed the Ebola outbreak there and said that seven confirmed cases had been reported, three of which died.
From 2013 to 2016, three West African countries, including Guinea, had an Ebola outbreak, killing more than 11,000 people.