December 18, local time, according to local media reports, due to the surge in confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Washington, D.C., Mayor Muriel Bowser said that he would issue an executive order on December 23 to ban indoor dining services in the catering industry in the region.
It is reported that the ban will take effect at 22:00 on the 23rd and is expected to be lifted in January next year. Door-to-door pick-up and take-out services can still be carried out normally.
The Washington Metropolitan Hotel Association (RAMW) has reminded its members by email that only take-out and pick-up services should be prepared.
According to the data from the epidemic in the region, there are currently more than 26,000 cases of COVID-19 and more than 700 deaths in Washington, D.C.
In response to the pandemic, Washington, D.C., has previously issued several restrictions, such as restricting sports activities and limiting indoor dining rates to 25%.
Banning indoor dining is the latest move in Washington, D.C. to reduce the number of the outbreak,” Mayor Bowser said at a press conference earlier.
“These changes are meant to flatten the pandemic curve, help us keep beds for those who need care the most, and keep communities safe in the face of the worsening outbreak across the country.”