January 16th, local time, U.S. President-elect Biden announced a new nomination from the State Department team. The officials nominated were all professional diplomats or veterans under Obama.
Local media said the nomination list implied that Biden wanted the United States to return to its traditional foreign policy after four years under Trump’s leadership, after many uncertainties and unpredictability.
Biden announced that he would nominate Wendy Sherman as Deputy Secretary of State and Victoria Newland as Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs.
The following are some of the main positions of the State Council:
- Secretary of State: Anthony Blinken, a long-time Biden ally.
- Deputy Secretary of State for Management: Brian McKeon, a senior Biden Senate aide.
- Blincoln’s Chief of Staff: Suzy George, a former senior assistant to Secretary of State Madeleine Albright.
- State Department Spokesperson: Ned Price is a former Obama National Security Council employee and a CIA professional officer.
- State Department Adviser: Derek Chollet, a Democrat foreign policy expert.
Leave a Reply