April 12 According to the Las Vegas Review, an American actress suffered serious allergies caused by accidental eating peanut butter biscuits. She was paralyzed due to medical negligence on the way to the hospital. She stayed in bed for eight years and relied on her family to take care of her family. Her family sued the medical institution. On the 9th, she and her family received 29.5 million US dollars in compensation.
According to reports, 27-year-old American actress Shantel Giacoloni accidentally ate a bite of cookies dipped in peanut butter at an event in 2013, which led to severe allergic symptoms and fell into shock. On the way to the hospital for treatment, she suffered brain damage due to lack of oxygen in the brain.
According to the report, Giacoloni’s defense lawyer accused the medical negligence of the medical institution involved, and the two doctors at the scene did not inject Gaccoloni with adrenaline for severe allergic reactions. The Giacoloni family claimed $30 million, while the medical institution concerned believed that the compensation should be about $8 million. After jury discussion, the agency involved was awarded $29.5 million in compensation.
Giacoloni’s father said that despite the excessive torture in eight years, the money can at least help his daughter be taken care of, and expects the medical institutions involved to reflect. In the future, the compensation will be used for Giacoloni’s care, and the family will move to a place more suitable for her care. In addition, Giacoloni’s father said that the money would also be used to donate to those who also suffered brain damage.