February 19th – On February 12th, local time, a rescue cat in Lake Oswego, Oregon, smelled a gas leak at home, accidentally saving its owner.
According to Fox News on the 18th, the cat’s name is Lily.
According to a statement issued by the Cat Adoption Team, where it was previously located, the animal rescue house, when Lily and her owner Sandi Martin were playing in the living room, Lily walked to the gas fireplace and began to smell the valve.
Martin said, “I feel a little strange. It has never done that before.”
Martin decided to check the valves as well. “I walked over and smelled a natural gas smell, which was very faint,” she told local Oregon radio station KGW. Later, Martin’s husband also smelled the gas when he went to check.
Gas company asked the Martins to close all the gates in the house, including their mobile phones, and open the door of the house.
Twenty minutes later, gas company workers arrived and checked the leak, saying that “it was a dangerous gas leak”. KGW reported that if Lilly hadn’t sniffed a gas leak and alerted Martin, the gas could have overflowed the entire house, causing a fire or explosion.