Site icon YCNews

A medical center in the United States made a human error. 50 bottles of coronavirus vaccine were discarded.

A medical center in the United States made a human error. 50 bottles of coronavirus vaccine were discarded.

December 29th – Last weekend, a medical center in the United States made a human error, causing 50 bottles of coronavirus vaccine to be discarded.

According to the THE Hill newspaper on the 28th, citing local Wisconsin TV stations, the incident occurred in a health medical center in Grafton, the state.

At that time, an employee took the coronavirus vaccine out of the refrigerator and prepared to remove another item. However, the employee later mistakenly did not put the vaccine back in the refrigerator.

“We learned that about 50 bottles of Moderna vaccine were inadvertently taken from the pharmacy’s refrigerator,” said a spokesperson for the agency, saying that most of the vaccines had to be discarded because they needed to store at the right temperature to keep the vaccine active, “we are disappointed and regretful of what happened.”

According to the U.S. media, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration pointed out in its fact sheet on the Moderna vaccine that once the vaccine is thawed, it can no longer be frozen.

Moderna’s immunization is divided into two doses, about one month apart. Each vial contains doses that can be used by multiple people.

Exit mobile version