According to a report by the Hindustan Times on the 16th, that night, a 13-year-old boy in Paralakhemundi, Orissa, India tried to climb onto the train to take a selfie and was burned to death.
It is understood that the boy was killed when he touched a high-voltage line while climbing on the train.
Indian police said that the boy and his two friends went to the Pararakmundi train station in Gajapati when he wanted to climb onto a tarp-covered express train to take a selfie.
As soon as he climbed onto the bogie, he was electrocuted and burned to death. His friend was also injured.
The Indian East Coast Railway Authority has ordered an investigation into the incident.
The Indian media said that after the boy was electrocuted, the train car also caught fire. The boy was rushed to the hospital and the doctor announced that he was dead.
The report pointed out that there have been many deaths caused by selfies in India. In September this year, a 22-year-old engineer from the Indian state of Tamil Nadu drowned in Bod district, Odisha, when he jumped into a reservoir to salvage a mobile phone that fell from his hand while taking selfies.
Similarly, in August this year, two young men in the Bargar area of India slipped into a waterfall while taking selfies and died unfortunately. In December last year, two girls from Jajpur, India drowned in a river while taking selfies.
Leave a Reply