Paris, January 18 – A school in Ouaz Province, France, recently experienced a concentrated infection of COVID-19.
At present, 26 people have been diagnosed with the novel coronavirus, but the school has not been closed, which has attracted attention.
According to the Parisian on the 18th, local officials quoted local reports that a concentrated COVID-19 infection occurred in a school in the town of Le Plessy-Baileville in the department of Ouaz in northern France.
In the past week, 26 people have been diagnosed with the novel coronavirus.
The school announced through the local municipality’s website that to reduce the spread of the virus, the school canteens will be closed and extracurricular activities will be suspended until the 20th of this month, but the rest of the school will remain open.
Local officials said they had no right to close the school and called on teachers and students to test for the virus.
Parents of students expressed concern about the epidemic in an interview with the French media, believing that 26 people in a school should be closed. The French Ministry of Education said that if school personnel are tested positive for the virus, they must self-isolate.
The head of the school should contact the local health department to establish a contact form for confirmed cases and determine the people who need to be quarantined.
French Prime Minister Castel previously said that French schools remain open and education will not be interrupted, but schools will strengthen epidemic prevention measures such as virus testing.
French officials said that indoor sports at schools will be suspended again, while the number of virus tests in schools will rise to 300,000 per week.